In order to set up your ConnectSense device, you need to first set up an account by going to the website www.connectsense.com/setup. Once you have reached the homepage you need to login. If you do not have an account, you can create one by following the steps below. If you already have an account you can continue the setup process and skip the following steps:
- Click on the “Register Now” button.
- Fill out all of the required account information and hit “Register” at the bottom of the page. You will then receive an account conformation email.
- Once you receive the conformation email, click on the “Confirm Account” button in the email and it will automatically sign you in.
Once you are logged into the ConnectSense setup page you can begin to configure your device. The first thing you need to do is select “Add New Device.” The easiest way to do so is through USB; select the option that says “Via USB.” This will bring up a page that says, “Leave this window open and connect your USB device now.” In order to hook up the ConnectSense device to your computer, please follow the instructions below:
- The first part of this process involves connecting the sensor into the sensor port. If the front of the device is facing you, the sensor port is the furthest left and largest port on the device.
- Establish the USB connection with your computer by plugging in the Type-A USB end of the chord (larger end) into the respective port on your computer and the Mini-B USB end (smaller end) into the smaller and furthest right port on the front of your ConnectSense device. You should see the green light blink on the front of the device after connecting the USB cable.
After you have established the connection, leave the window open on your browser until it redirects you to a page titled “Wi-Fi Info.” From here you have to enter your Wi-Fi SSID (network name) into the indicated box and the Wi-Fi channel into its indicated box. If you are unsure of what Wi-Fi channel your SSID uses, check your routers configuration.
The next step is setting up the security settings on its respective page. You can enter the security type and encryption type by clicking on the dropdown menus provided. Next, simply enter the password into the box titled “WPA Key.” The next page you will be brought to is titled “IP Address.” For this page, there is only one dropdown box in which you should select the option “DHCP” or “Static.”
The following page titled “Connect” is for you to verify your settings, click the “Connect” button if you are pleased with the displayed settings. While it is connecting it will display the status of what it is doing. When the device is finished connecting you will see the word “connected” appear and you will be redirected to a new page to configure your device’s settings.
Once the device is connected you can begin to adjust its settings. For example, you can adjust things such as the name, location, and polling interval for your ConnectSense device. After you have your desired settings, hit the “Save Settings” button at the bottom of the screen and it will bring you to the sensor page for the device. If you click on the “Sensors” button at the top of the screen you can see previous sensors that you have set up. If you wish to set up other device simply follow this process again.
View the video below for visual step-by-step instructions.